7 July 2012

Cherry Almond Icicle Delights




                                    


♬ 'Greatest Hits II' by Queen

God bless the reduced shelf at every supermarket, my obsessive tendency to dive in the bargain bin at Topshop are now over - it's all about reduced cherries in Tesco! I was tempted to make a colossal cherry cake, in fact baking had to be paused after being covered in flour most of the week. 

Now what to do with a whole lot of cherries...

Smoothie?
Freeze?
Crush?
Blend?
Dip in chocolate and eat while watching Bridget Jones?

I wanted to keep them raw and still at their super food best, so as you can see from the video I made these cute delightful cubes. Cherry and almond is up there alongside the union jack, a peacock, and of course fish and chips as one of my most loved random things.
These are like mini cherry bakewells - but a healthier version.

300g fresh cherries
1 tsp almond essence
Few extra cherries
That's it!

A perfect icicle to pop into whatever drink you want to add cherry love to. Be warned the drink will change colour, so I would advise milk.

HOLD ON! NEWS JUST IN!
I HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD JAMIE OLIVER WILL BE CARRYING THE TORCH NEAR MY BROTHERS HOUSE.

Holy macaroni, the excitement is beyond words...what shall I WEAR?
Right I better be off and get all striped up.

xxxx