22 January 2012

Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake



♬ '21' By Adele

Not sure what possessed me to play this album, I kept on reminiscing about last Christmas and how I was scoring pretty high on singstar! She has got a hell of a voice on her, honestly I was running low on breath when I was trying to hit the high and low notes. Maybe when my videos get online you could get a sneak preview.

 Maybe not, I wouldn't put anyone through that!

Apart from Adele's beautiful voice, all I heard and read about was today's football matches. If you get to escape from watching a match, or have it on in the background, and need to get food sorted, try this lovely dish. Also if your partner is a big meat eater, they shouldn't complain about the aroma this dish gives off.

One more tiny factor...

You have to invest in this:

Pomodori d' oro plum tomatoes (plum tomatoes of the colour yellow).


These tomatoes were imported from Campania, which made me eek, and put the red can of plum tomatoes down.


▶Recipe to serve 4

Ingredients:

4 chicken thighs
1 large chorizo sausage, cut in thick slices.
400g can of Pomodori d'oro plum tomatoes
1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped.
1 sprig of fresh thyme, strip the leaves from the stem, run two fingers down stalk, top to bottom.
1 sliced, sweet red Italian pepper.
10 closed cup mushrooms, chopped finely.
300g wholemeal pasta
300ml water
Salt
Pepper
1 small red chilli deseeded and cut in half.
Olive oil
Fresh parsley

Method:

Preheat the oven 180°c.

: In the order I have listed, place all the ingredients (apart from parsley) in a large oven dish. 
: Bake for 40 minutes.
: Sprinkle parsley when ready to serve.



DONE!

The yellow sauce was a great choice, red tomatoes would work too but not have the sweet and 'wow' presentation this has. Plus red tomatoes get a lot of praise, try something different.

Did you notice no cheese in this recipe?
Trust me, this dish doesn't need it.

Favourite Song:


ê'Set Fire To The Rain' By Adele

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.xx