29 November 2011

Mars Cupcakes


Listening to Labrinth on Spotify; does anyone know when his album is coming out? Or am I being a slow coach and it came out a few months ago?

Two silly things happened on my stressed supermarket shop last Sunday, and only one of them I regret.

1. I picked up beef mince instead of lamb (regret).
2. I chose a Mars bar over Snickers.

Normally the life expectancy of a chocolate bar in my cupboard is one day, however two cheeky Mars bars lasted three days! Instead of eating them at 11pm on a chocolate binge I wanted to dissect the bars and add them to something.

First idea - Mars cheesecake.
Second idea - Mars blondies.
Third idea - baked Mars bar with banana.
Fourth - just make a classic cupcake.



 Recipe for 16



Ingredients:

250g golden caster sugar
250g soft butter
4 medium eggs at room temperature
2 mars bars (58g each)
1 tsp vanilla essence
250g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 bars of Green and Black's milk chocolate.

Method:


: Preheat oven 180°c
: Prepare cupcake tray with cases at the ready!

: Put the chocolate bars in the freezer.

: Whisk butter and sugar in a large bowl.
: Add one egg at a time and keep on whisking.
: Sieve the flour and baking powder in this bowl.
: Take the chocolate out the freezer and chop into small chunks.
: Stir the chunks in the batter with a butter knife and add the essence.
: Fill each case half way.
: Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.

< Stop, chill, make a cup of tea and let them cool. Keep an eye out for little hands these cakes smell so good!

Melt the Green and Black's in a bowl over boiling water.
Then dip each cake in the melted chocolate.

Done with no dissecting only chopping.

My cake obsession is nothing to worry about, I only wish I could cake everything.

Enjoy and give me a tweet if you tried this recipe.

xxx