29 April 2012

Almond and Hazelnut Brownies




Food and music have kept me comfortable, giddy and out of the rain this weekend. I sang so badly at a party last night, and then found myself munching on chicken nuggets. Not sure what possessed me to even grab one, I was looking for pitta and houmous but instead there was garlic bread and wrinkly sausages! Seriously a tip: garlic bread is a big no no at a house party.

Now I'm back in my union jack crazy bedroom, staring at the gooey brownie next to my mug of chai. There wasn't a specific album I listened to when making these tempting gorgeous brown bricks. I was switching between songs and then decided to put together a wee play list, so I could avoid getting the keyboard dirty. Something I haven't done for a very long time.


'The Sign' by Ace of Base
'The Rain' by Calvin Harris
'Best Of You' by The Foo Fighters
'We Found Love' by Rihanna and Calvin Harris
'Mercy' by Duffy
'Sound Of The Underground' by Girls Aloud
'Dirt Off Your Shoulder' by Jay Z
'American Boy' by Estelle Featuring Kanye West

 I'm sure you are itching to know how to make these succulent brownies. Here is the what,when and how.

Recipe for a 25cm square tin, makes 15 squares.
Ingredients:
300g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
250g unsalted butter
70g plain sifted flour
300g brown sugar
1 tsp almond essence
50g chopped hazelnuts
4 medium eggs, beaten.

Method:

: Preheat oven to 180°c.
: Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl over boiling water, be sure the water does not touch the bowl.
: Mix flour, baking powder, and sugar in a separate bowl.
: Once the chocolate and butter have melted, and is smooth, tip into the dry ingredients.
: Stir in the beaten eggs, and mix well.
: Slowly pour this mixture into the tin, making sure it's level.
: Set a timer for 23 minutes.

Serve with cream, ice cream or on their own when they are hot.
Can be stored in a tight tin for up to 3 days.

DONE!

Favourite Song:
ê 'Best Of You' by The Foo Fighters