23 June 2011

Mango and Almond Cake



Album 'Seasons of my Soul' By Rumer

Firstly I am sending this from my phone because I am desperate to get it posted!

Sorry the degrees sign is not next to temperature, or if any random words turn up..blame it on the predictive text.

Not listened to Rumer before today, and it's incredibly chilled to listen to in the morning.

I made this for a local school and I'm gutted I won't get to taste it.
But I have a feeling it will be like my 'Mango and Orange Cake' only nuttier.

Oven 190c
Grease a 20cm square tin with removable base.
250g softened butter
200g light brown sugar
Whisk until all combined
Add 4 eggs
Whisk

Enough whisking

Fold in:
200g wholemeal plain flour
2tsp baking powder
One ripe chopped mango
1tsp almond essence
50g ground almonds
It's going to smell so sweet,don't lick your fingers!
Pour batter in tin, and on the oven middle shelf for 30minutes.
Once out, let it cool completely.
Make the icing using drops of orange juice not water.
Drizzle with an abstract frame of mind.

Once I know how fast it went I will post back.Xx