3 June 2011

Upside Down Your Turning Me..

Album 'Diana'

Hey, I'm in one of those obsessive blogging moods.

It's the music, honestly a song pops in my head and next thing you know I run downstairs and start cooking!

So from 12 - 1 it was 'Upside Down' by Diana Ross, this meant an upside down cake.

But how do you make an upside down cake look pretty? I don't think you can, it will be sticky, syrupy and moist.

Its not a secret, what you have to do is cover the bottom of the tin with sugar and melted butter. Then line your fruits ontop.

Make the sponge, spoon over and bake.

I am avoiding eggs and butter in my cakes at the moment, not sure why. I want to see if I can make a sponge with other ingredients.

Oven 190°c.

Melt 80g butter in saucepan and stir in 50g brown sugar


Quickly take off heat


Pour in tin and rub at the sides


Line with slices of pear, apple and pineapple rings.

Sponge

1 mashed banana

half a tin of pineapple chunks and juice


100g caster sugar


150ml vegetable oil


1 tsp strawberry essence


200g Plain wholemeal flour


2 level tsp baking powder


Pour in tin over fruit and bake for 35 minutes.


Once out the oven tip it upside down and leave it in the tin to cool completely.