14 August 2011

I Have Confidence in Cake

After I ate some 'Yellow Risotto' I sat in front of the TV, and this movie inspired the next soundtrack for this treat.

♬ The Sound of Music [Soundtrack] By Various Artists



The only problem was:

I had NO eggs, butter, or milk! 

So I put the following in the cake mixture and it turned out perfect!

Ingredients for Banana, Mango, Lemon, Hazelnut Cake.

3 ripe bananas
1 peeled and chopped mango
50g granulated sugar
50g caster sugar
100ml Bio organic ecomil hazelnut milk (sound healthy enough?!)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp lemon essence
200g self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder


I really hope my housemate doesn't find out about this blog, it's his milk!

If you are not as cheeky as me you could buy your own or use soy/rice milk instead.

Method:

Preheat oven 200°c
: Put all the ingredients, in the order I have listed in a cake mixer. 
When it is smooth and there are no mango lumps left, pour in large loaf tin.

Bake for 35 minutes until the top is a rich golden brown colour.

Let it cool completely.

You could eat it warm, with jam.

Or try this:

Slice and put in the toaster

Warm some custard

Drizzle some toffee sauce over the custard and cake.

Next time

I will use gluten free flour and make my own raspberry syrup.

Favourite Song

ê'My Favourite Things' by Julie Andrews