19 May 2011

Show me some Thai Mussels




Album 'Blur The Best Of'


I fancied some mussels tonight so did a late night shop and bought the following:


Cooked mussels in butter (yes yes I know but I don't have the luxury to go fishing in Hackney...you don't know what I might find)


lemon grass

kaffir lime leaves

ginger

chilli

Thai jasmine rice


Cycling back home, all that was on my mind was what to do and how to do it. I want a quick dinner.


So as soon as I got in I boiled some water in pot and added about 50g jasmine rice and let that boil for one minute, stirred it and let it simmer for 10 minutes.


Meanwhile chopping time:


ginger

lemongrass

kaffir lime leaves...I actually crushed them.

fat garlic clove


fry in a pan with a drop of vegetable oil.


add some peas to the rice


tip in the mussels and simmer for 3 minutes. Put a lid on the pan and shake it around so all the juices start kissing the mussels.


turn off the heat for both pans, drain rice.


serve, it looks a lot but it actually it isn't!


THIS TOOK ME 25 MINUTES.


If you don't believe me I can come round and show you.


x