23 September 2011

Honey and Lemon Chicken Soup



'Shiny Happy People' By R.E.M
'Rolling In The Deep' By Adele
'Shiver' By Natalie Imbruglia
'Rehab' By Amy Winehouse
'Fantasy'By Mariah Carey
'Just Like A Pill' By Pink
'I Can See Clearly Now' By Johnny Cash
'Super Duper Love' By Joss Stone
'If The Stars Were Mine' By Melody Gardot
'Cheek To Cheek' By Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
'Call It Off' By Tegan and Sara
'Heartbeats' By Jose Gonzalez
'Skinny Love' By Bon Iver
'L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N' By Noah And The Whale
'White Sky' By Vampire Weekend
'What You Know' By Two Door Cinema Club



Blogging from my bed would be great if i wasn't feeling so ill. Somewhere along the lines of keeping fit, eating well and staying positive the chesty cough comes along and hits me in the face. 

Great- just great. My appetite has slowly gone down a dark hole and I want it to come back this weekend - I want to bake!

Many people have told me to take honey and lemon in a drink; I struggle with drinking this mixture, the only hot drinks I can handle when ill are milk, chai and fresh orange juice.



Before I go and watch Nigel Slater's 'Made For Each Other' I want to share this recipe and playlist with you. Both go very well together....

▶ Serves 4 

Ingredients:

Two cooked chicken breasts, shredded (11oz)
1 garlic clove
225ml of water (8 fl oz)
200g fresh spinach (6oz)
2 tablespoons organic honey (1.5oz)
2 fresh lemons
Olive oil (1oz)

: Squeeze both lemons over the chicken in a bowl.



: Meanwhile fry the spinach in olive oil and add the water.

: Add the chicken and the honey.


: Make a slit in the garlic clove and add this to the soup


: Pinch of salt might be needed.

< Simmer for 5 minutes and there you have it! Since the chicken was already cooked, only the spinach needs to soften. A quick soup that should make you feel better, also take out the garlic before serving!

Next Time:
⤵ Would be interesting to add rosemary to the chicken, what do you think?

Favourite Song:

ê 'White Sky' By Vampire Weekend