12 September 2011

Sweets For My Sweets


♬ SA-WEET Playlist

'I'm Sticking With You' By The Velvet Underground
'Tease Me' By Chaka Demus & Pliers
'Sugar Sugar (1970 Version)' By Bob Marley & The Wailers
'My Boy Lollipop' By Millie
'Are You Gonna Go My Way' By Lenny Kravitz
'54- 46 (Was My Number)' By Toots & the Maytals
'Sweets for my Sweets' By C.J Lewis
'It Wasn't Me' By Shaggy & Ricardo Ducent
'All I Want Is You' By Barry Louis Polisar
'Sweet Like Chocolate' By Shanks and Bigfoot







Alright.

Monday.

Not ever sure what the kids want to eat after school, it’s always so difficult to get right. It’s either refused or left at the bottom of the buggy to rot.
For both boys I take half a bagel, one with marmite the other with peanut butter, and two pieces of fruit.

They hide the fruit.

At 3.25 EVERY Monday both of them tell me they are still hungry and want to buy something from the shops.

I will roll my eyes and say ‘No'.

Sounds harsh, but I let them buy sweets on a Wednesday. This way it gives the girl serving a rest. As she always looks like she is going to fall asleep, watching kids spend every bit of their pocket money.



The boys call me mean, but I cannot let a gummy looking cherry replace a piece of fruit as part of their 5 a day.

I’m not a sweet lover; I’m all about the chocolate.

Here are some cute pictures and bits of useless information about the boy’s favourite sweets:





The gummy cola bottle and burger.
Both incredibly cheap and the burger tastes nothing like what you would find in Willy Wonka's factory.
Hans Riegel is a very successful German entrepreneur and started up Haribo in 1920. The gummy bear was one of the first sweets introduced to small sweet shops and became really popular. 



Sugar, water and loads of colouring make this lollipop stay sweet.
The cherry is a favourite because it is cheap and a bit bigger. Kids start to learn the value of money this way!
Sugar, syrup, starch and gelatin are the key ingredients in gummy sweets. Not really ideal in anyone's diet!






The Refresher:


Lemony and will make you squint your eyes for a few seconds, this sweet is a cross between a chewing gum and sucking on a sweet.


The true ingredients:


Glucose syrup, sugar, vegetable oil, acidity regulator, citric acid, gelatine, stearic acid, modified starch, flavourings, emulsifier (glycerol mono stearate), anti-caking agent (magnesium carbonate), magnesium stearate, and natural colour.

Maoam:

Little flat chews flavoured with fruit. Sounds healthy but really it is not!


Well these just look really good.
Hope the above bought back some memories of your favourite sweets, I could go on about many others but after reading what is actually in them I will give it a miss.

Favourite Song:

ê 'Tease Me' By Chaka Demus & Pliers